question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.OnServerActiveCallback sometimes took ages to be called

Hi, I am using PlayFab Multiplayer server with Unity-based server, and Client calling Request Multiplayer server to request server to join, After about 100 times trying to see how fast the server will be turned on by hooking up to your server SDK, I noticed that for a very rare occasion, OnServerActiveCallback took about at least a minute to be turned on thus My server will only be on after a minute, caused my client side logic to be time out, client side has 45 second connection timeout.

below is the code.

PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.OnServerActiveCallback += OnServerActive;

multiplayer
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

We will dig into it.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please provide more details for our analysis? For example, how many Standby servers do you set? How fast the frequent you request the servers? Besides, could you please provide the TitleID for us check?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu commented ·

I have standy servers set to be 5 and max server set to 5, the frequency will be every 1 mins, because I was testing alone, (by kill my other testing player quickly caused game to finish as quick as possible). this is just me for testing if game server starts properly every time I play aginst myself

title id is : F7AE3

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.