question

Jeff Orkin avatar image
Jeff Orkin asked

Multiple user acocunts have the same email address

We would like to enforce that there is only one user account per email address. In my testing, it appears that I am allowed to make multiple accounts with the same email, as long as they have different display names. Is there any way to enforce that there is only one account allowed to be registered with the same email address?

If the answer is no, then is there any way to look up whether an account already exists with the same email address?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeff Orkin avatar image
Jeff Orkin answered

You can close this one out -- it was related to testing creating a new account that happened to use my developer account's email address. So you've already confirmed the bug for this case in a different thread.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar answered

Maybe you're referring to the fact that one account can be linked to multiple authentication methods.
If you're able to use same email address to create multiple accounts then this should be a bug.

10 |1200

Jeff Orkin avatar image
Jeff Orkin answered

I think this is actually related to a different bug I submitted later today, where I am unable to change the email address on a PlayFab account I created months ago. Seems that account is somehow invalid. That account is User ID 2E81DEFF969C4CA5.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you provide us with examples of accounts using the same email address? It is indeed the case that no two user accounts in your game should be able to use the same email address.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.