question

Vigneshwaran avatar image
Vigneshwaran asked

Do I need to login every time when I reopen my game ?

After login a session ticket will be stored by SDK (in PlayfabHttp game object memory I believe not in local) which has expiration time of 24 hrs. But SDK is not recognizing the session ticket if I reopen my game by skipping login. Cant we use use previous session ticket which has 24hrs expiration time. This way we can prevent many login calls !

unity3dsdksAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The session ticket/entity token will last around 24 hours before expiration. You may locally store AuthenticationContext in unity and add it in any other client API calls.

It is also fine to login every time the player reopens the client, and in the common scenario, developers tend to use silent login to improve the gaming experience. Please also refer to Account linking quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.