question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

PlayFab Party pricing

Hello everyone,

I have some questions about the PlayFab Party pricing.

- Let's say there are 2 networks, and each network has 2 players. (Total of 4 players). Theoretically, if the 4 players stay connected to the networks forever, the party connectivity limit will be shared among the players, which means each player can consume up to 250,000 minutes. Is this correct?

- There are some limits like 100 GB Zone 1, 20 GB Zone 2 etc. I guess, these are the limits about sending data and receiving data. If so, are the standard pricing limits suitable for 4-player co-op games whose MAU is around 1,000 players? Additionally, each game takes around 10 minutes.

My other concern is that the players' locations in the game will be updated frequently, which means I can exceed the limits easily.

- I'm thinking of implementing only text chat. In this case, which meter should I consider? (I guess, it's the Party meter).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

>> which means each player can consume up to 250,000 minutes. Is this correct?

There is no limit for party connectivity. Do you mean the free meters for Standard Plan? If so, then yes, as the total free minutes of party connectivity for Standard Plan is 1 million minutes.

>> There are some limits like 100 GB Zone 1, 20 GB Zone 2 etc. I guess, these are the limits about sending data and receiving data.

They are not limits, they are just free Network egress. It is data sent from PlayFab's relay and voice servers. This is congruent to the aggregate amount of data that players receive from the network.

>> If so, are the standard pricing limits suitable for 4-player co-op games whose MAU is around 1,000 players? Additionally, each game takes around 10 minutes.

It is hard to determine from those figures. You may also want to know how many games were played in a month. Normally the Standard Plan should be enough in this case.

>> I'm thinking of implementing only text chat. In this case, which meter should I consider? (I guess, it's the Party meter).

It would be the Party connectivity and the Network egress. Please refer to PlayFab Party Pricing for more detail.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

@Rick Chen As far as I understand, there's actually no limit for PlayFab Party. Even if I exceed the 1 million free minutes, the players can continue to create networks. I guess, If I exceed the limits, I have to pay the extra costs.

I'm using the free tier at the moment. Will there be any billing if I exceed the limits? Or will the system stop for free tiers?

0 Likes 0 ·
pieter-cw avatar image
pieter-cw answered

Hi,

Sorry for potentially intruding on the conversation but I had a followup question.
The datalimit/costs, are they at all influenced by the use of peer-to-peer communication.
If data is send P2P does it also always pass through the relays and gets counted in or do (some of ) the P2P connections just send data without passing trough playfab and does this lower the data usages for the pricing?

Kind regards,
Pieter

2 comments
10 |1200

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

I'm kind of wondering this as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

The peer-to-peer connections won't pass through the cloud relay service and thus won't generate the Network egress meters. However, some other meters are applied in networks that use direct peer-to-peer connections. For more detail, please refer to: Billing meters.

0 Likes 0 ·
pieter-cw avatar image
pieter-cw answered

Hi,

Sorry for potentially intruding on the conversation but I had a follow up question.
The data limit/pricing is based on how much data is passing trough the playfab relays.
Does enabling peer-to-peer effect that in any way?
Does that data (in most connections) pass straight between players or does everything always goes through the relays, and does it always count towards the usage/pricing?

Kind regard
Pieter

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.