question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

What happens if I don't add latency rule to ticket?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what happens if I don't add latency rule to the tickets? Can someone who's in the US region connect to someone who's in the EU region?

Also, I'm planning of using PlayFab Party. When a matchmaking is done, the players will be connected to each other with P2P connection. Does no latency rule affect PlayFab Party in a way like preventing players from connecting to each other? Because they might be in different Party regions (US and EU for example).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If ServerAllocationEnabled flag is set to true, a RegionSelectionRule is also required to indicate where a server should be allocated for each match. By design, you should add latency for auto-allocation. However, the client is the one who input the latency value. Practically, you may mock any numbers in it.

We can say it is not compulsory but players in different regions connect to the same server may have worse gaming experience. It is recommended that you let them choose the preferred regions while measuring the QoS and displaying in the client.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.