question

GaGa avatar image
GaGa asked

Player Profile : Storage

Hello, i wanted to know what things that saved on Player Storage.

I saw my Storage usage so high, really need to reduce it.

Is there any suggestion what to do?

Thanks

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

To be clear, PlayFab doesn't have a public feature named Player Storage. Are you indicating Profile Storage?

May I ask what do you mean by usage is too high? Is the update frequency too high or API calls exceeding the limit? Do you have any callback results from certain calls?

In addition, does it result in any billing issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
GaGa avatar image GaGa Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Yes, I meant profile storage.

The size of the storage keeps increased and it will always charge based on the size right?

I kinda worried if we still use this service for years, the storage size gonna be so big.

I want to know is there any way to reduce it?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab mainly count each profile read and write. Basically, everything related to a player account will be stored in the Profile Storage – Player Data, Master Player account profiles, entity files, etc... Most resources are limited according to the Limit page at Game Manager. I don’t think you need to worry about the total storage size, even though it may increase fast at the beginning, it will be within a limited size after all. Please note that it is important to restrict Profile Read&Write frequency.

If you still have concerns about storage, the most possible resource to consume storage is Entity Files, because it only limits to the quantity. You may need to pay attention on the client uploaded file size.

Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/meters/meters and also check the Profile read&write docs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.