question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

What is the better way to implement Shared Group Data?

Dear support team,

I am developing some functions for Shared Group Data. I will develop all operations related to Share Group Data as below: Add Shared Group Members, Create Shared Group, Delete Shared Group, Get Shared Group Data, Remove Shared Group Members, and Update Shared Group Data.

But I am having the confuse about APIs that I should do? We can use ClientAPI or ServerAPI to implement as the reference below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/shared-group-data/create-shared-group?view=playfab-rest

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/server/shared-group-data?view=playfab-rest

So what is better way that I should do? In my app, maybe it will have around 50,000 - 100,000 groups and each group has the shared group data with 2-4 members can access the shared group data.

Thank you so much.

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> But I am having the confuse about APIs that I should do? We can use ClientAPI or ServerAPI to implement as the reference below:[Link][Link]

The API methods you listed are correct. You can choose the Server API or Client API according to your detailed security requirements. As this documentation, especially this section -- Client permission concerns said, there is no role system within a Shared Group, it means any member in the group has full authority within the group. So, if you use the Shared Group Data for gameplay-impacting data, you can use Client API, if not, we suggest you disable the Shared Group Data methods in the Client API. Besides, if you need the role system of the group, you can consider using Entity Groups.

>> So what is better way that I should do? In my app, maybe it will have around 50,000 - 100,000 groups and each group has the shared group data with 2-4 members can access the shared group data.

There is no hard limit on the number of Shared Group. Your game design should be feasible. You can navigate to [Game Manager]->[Title Settings]->[Limits] to check the other limits about Shared Group Data. Please feel free to let us know if you meet the specific technical questions when you use the Shared Group Data.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Thank you so much for your answer. It is really helpful for me. If I have other technical questions I will ask again!!!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.