question

omer avatar image
omer asked

getting started multiplayer on Nintendo Switch with UE4

Hello,

I have developed a single-player game for Nintendo Switch. I also want to build multiplayer mode, so I tried AWS Gamelift, however AWS SDK was not built for Nintendo Switch and I can not figure it, so I stuck. Then I want to try Playfab, but first I want to sure that may I use it without any VS building process. I mean is this plugin working on UE4 in Nintendo Switch without any compiling- building source code for Switch.

Thanks for the advice,

unrealmultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Server build and client build is separate. I am not sure if there is any prerequisites from Nintendo when it comes to dedicated server but PlayFab does support Nintendo integration, you may navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Add-ons] -> [Nintendo]. However, please understand that PlayFab SDK and PlayFab Multiplayer Game Server SDK (GSDK) are separate, while the server build requires GSDK implementation. There is a study case at Integrating the PlayFab GSDK into Unreal Engine 4 - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs for your reference. The client build doesn’t require GSDK and should be able to build to Nintendo Switch.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

omer avatar image
omer answered

Hello,

I navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Add-ons] -> [Nintendo].However, I do not know what is Nintendo Switch Client ID and what it works for. I assume Client Id is my NSA id which is 16 digits (77...). Is it correct and this gives me Nintendo access for Playfab features? Thanks.

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

You may need to find help from Nintendo community. This forum is not allowed to discuss technical details publicly due to Nintendo NDA.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.