question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

how long will the log in be last for

I am trying to create a custom lobby system using Node.js which lets player create room and start game, then when client request to start the game, my Node.js server will request multiplayer game server for them as proxy, My Node.js server only uses PlayFabClientAPI and uses Login with custom ID to log itself in, because request multiplayer game server API call from PlayFab require login to be done before making the request multiplayer game server call, if I let my server running 24/7, will my Node.Js server ever be logged out?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Session ticket, along with entity token, will last around 24 hours. It will be fine to refresh the token every 12 hours by logging again. However, please note that client API will have frequency limit applied to each IP address, which is approximately 100 calls per 2 minutes. It may cause API throttling when it comes to large player base. The suggestion is to use a title-level entity token to call server APIs. You may set Secret Key in the request header of GetEntityToken API to get a title-level entity token.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu commented ·

Does Server APIs have Request Multiplayer Server API for me to call on custom lobby to request server? if so which one? if not, what can I do with it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Bijian Wu commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu Seth Du ♦ commented ·

thanks for posting this, i already know this one to request server on client side, is there any request server methods to call in Admin API or Server API, then pass back to clients, instead of asking client to start the game

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.