question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

Login/Signup with phone number

Hi, I have a game requirement where I want to create the account of my players using their Phone number & Password instead of using Email & Password and I also want to verify their numbers by sending a validation code.

1. Is there any way to do that using Playfab APIs? If yes, then which API can be used for it? And if no, then is there any work around I can implement and link with Playfab?
  2. How can I log-in the player using their phone number and password?
Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

PlayFab doesn’t provide the API for users to log them in with the phone number. If you need the official support for this feature, you can try to add a feature request for it. Currently, the possible workaround is to set the phone number as the Username, so that you can use the API RegisterPlayFabUser to register the players, then use the API LoginWithPlayFab to log the players in.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

@Sarah Zhang

And what if I want to reset the password? Is it necessary to have email attached with the account or not? Because I have a third-party API which can send SMS to a mobile device and I was thinking to send the recovery link in that SMS and user can then reset password from there.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Yes, if you need to reset the password, the email address is still necessary.

PlayFab doesn't provide the official support for this feature -- log in with phone number, you can try to add a feature request for it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.