question

ree13su avatar image
ree13su asked

Multiplayer server pricing

Hello, I am in development mode and I was wondering how are the usage for the multiplayer servers are calculated, if I don't have any builds in standby, can an instance still be initialized? and will it then be calculated as the usage of active instances?

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

For calculating the usage for multiplayer servers, you can refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead to understand. If you had no standby servers, you would have to wait for a server to be provisioned, your build to be downloaded to it from CDN, for the build to be de-compressed into the right folders, and then for your executable to start. It will not be calculated as the usage of active instances. As long as the total server and standby server are both set to 0, no charge will be incurred.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ree13su avatar image ree13su commented ·

A quick follow up question, as I mentioned before my title is in development mode, I see that my billing summary contains some costs, will I be charged for them?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.