question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Is Matchmaking free?

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to use the PlayFab's Matchmaking system to match players and then connect them each other with the peer-to-peer logic. I was wondering if the matchmaking system is free? I only need this system to match the players and get the IPs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, as you can see from the documentation on the meters for PlayFab, the matchmaker service does spin the existing meters:

Profile Reads Meter API Description - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

Profile Writes Meter API Description - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

Content & Configuration Writes Meter API Description - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

The v2 matchmaker, currently in Public Preview, doesn't meter for all of its calls currently, but it will when it is moved to General Availability. We'll have additional information available about that well ahead of that date.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

@Brendan I'm just asking this to be sure. There's no time limit or time cost like the Multiplayer feature? It spins only read/write meters if I use only Matchmaking?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

Use of the matchmaker is billed based on API calls, exactly the same as calls to authentication, data read/update, etc. I should also point out that not all of the calls to the v2 matchmaker are spinning meters right now, as it is in preview - they will as we transition to General Availability. We'll post an update to the site about that well in advance of the change.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.