question

Lauren F avatar image
Lauren F asked

Password reset takes a long time when triggered via API, much faster via dashboard

Hi,

We've noticed a big discrepancy, and I was wondering if someone could shed some light on it.

When resetting a user's password via the Admin API (which we use on our website), the password reset email sometimes sends quickly, and other times it sends very slowly, even weeks(!) later.

When we use the "Send password reset email" button in the developer dashboard, it always sends immediately.

1. Is this expected behavior? Or are we using the API incorrectly?

2. If it is expected Admin API behavior, what is the "real" way to ensure passwords are reset quickly? It's not really feasible to ask players to wait such a long time, especially when it's such a wide range. Maybe the API used by the dashboard?

Thanks!

apis
7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

The link of the Admin API you provide is ResetPassword, do you mean the users are using SendAccountRecoveryEmail API to send the email? I have done a test on this API without using any email template, and I receive the email immediately. I cannot reproduce the issue you describe. Could you please provide your title id? Do you use any template when calling the API?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.