question

Adrienne Humblet avatar image
Adrienne Humblet asked

Can 2 VMs have the same IP address?

I'm using Playfab for my multiplayer game. I noticed that 2 of my VMs have the same IP address. Is this supposed to happen? I expected each VM to have a unique IP and found this forum post to back that up: https://community.playfab.com/questions/36471/match-making.html

I'm checking the VM IP addresses in the web console by navigating to BuildID > Virtual Machines > Connect (to view the IP address). I understand that there are multiple servers per VM but that isn't my question.

Thanks for your help!

multiplayersupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

The IP addresses for VMs can be different and the same both. It depends on how Azure allocates the IP addresses. Since this question is belonged to Azure Laas, we can only clarify that PlayFab doesn’t provide the option to allocate the multiple IP addresses to VMs manually.

Could you please clarify your detailed requirements? Do you want to implement load balance? If so, the Azure VM has implemented with this feature, you needn’t implement it on your own.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Adrienne Humblet avatar image Adrienne Humblet commented ·

Thanks Sarah! This answered my question.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.