question

Greg Nagel avatar image
Greg Nagel asked

LoginWithSteam DownstreamServiceUnavailable

I'm getting DownstreamServiceUnavailable "Failed to connect to Steam WebAPI: ProtocolError" when I attempt to LoginWithSteam.

It's possible I'm giving a bad ticket. Using Steamworks I've been trying the following:

byte[] ticketBuffer = new byte[1024];
uint ticketLength;
Steamworks.SteamUser.GetAuthSessionTicket(ticketBuffer, ticketBuffer.Length, out ticketLength);
if (ticketLength == 0 || ticketLength > ticketBuffer.Length)
{
    return false;
}
string ticket = BitConverter.ToString(ticketBuffer, 0, (int)ticketLength).Replace("-", "").ToLowerInvariant();

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Updated (my bad - you definitely do need the Replace):

You shouldn't need to do a ToLower as part of the call. If you remove that, and you've double-checked that the Steam App ID and Secret Key are set correctly for your title, can you send us an email at devrel@playfab.com with an example of the ticket you're getting back?

In addition, here's another post detailing a different method to perform the conversion:

https://community.playfab.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205846468-How-do-I-convert-the-Steam-Session-Ticket-for-sign-in-with-PlayFab-

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.