question

Rob Dixon avatar image
Rob Dixon asked

Player segments page won't load

Hi, We're seeing the following error when we try to load the Segments page. ANy idea why this might be happening?

Thanks!

support
6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rob Dixon avatar image Rob Dixon commented ·

I forgot to include our title ID: A97A2.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

I can't the see the image you provided though, could you please send that again? And lately we do receive similar issues regarding the segments page, is this one the same as your issue:

Player Segment value are loading indefinitely - Playfab Community

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Dixon avatar image Rob Dixon Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi, It's not quite the same. There's an error alert on the page that says, "There was an error loading data from the server. Please reload the page to retry."

But reloading just gives the same result.

Thanks, Rob

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Rob Dixon commented ·

Thanks, I can confirm this issue in your title. May I know do you have access to support tickets? If you do, please create one so that one of our engineers can offer dedicated help for this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi @Rob Dixon, just received some feedback from our engineers, seems that you deleted your API policy, could you please add them back in and check whether you can view your segments again?

{
    "Action": "*",
    "Effect": "Allow",
    "Resource": "*--*",
    "Principal": {
      "ChildOf": {
        "EntityType": "namespace",
        "EntityId": "xxxxx"
      }
    },
    "Comment": "The default allow title in namespace full access",
    "Condition": {
      "CallingEntityType": "title"
    }
  }

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian Trevethan avatar image
Brian Trevethan answered

This can happen if delete your title's API policy. You can find your policy by going to "Title Settings -> API Features". Look for the box that's labeled "ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY". It needs to contain at least the following content:

[
   {
   	  	"EntityId": "<PutYourPublisherIdHere>"
   	    }
   	  },
   	  }
   }
]

Be sure to replace the "<PutYourPublisherIdHere>" token with your actual publisher Id. Fortunately, you can find your Publisher ID on the same page as your title's API policy.

This issue can happen if you delete your title's API policy. Go to "Title Settings -> API Features" and look for the "ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY" box. It needs to contain at least the following content:

[
   {
   	  	"EntityId": "<PutYourPublisherIdHere>"
   	    }
   	  },
   	  }
   }
]

Be sure to replace the "<PutYourPublisherIdHere>" token with your actual publisher Id. Fortunately, your Publisher ID is just on the same page as the title API Policy.

2 comments
10 |1200

Rob Dixon avatar image Rob Dixon commented ·

Hi, Thanks for your response! |

Yes, we have noticed that empty "ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY" field before (though we never explicitly deleted the contents). We're not able to update the contents of that field either.

When I enter the policy in that field and click Save, it says "Saved successfully." But when I return to the page later, the field is empty again.

Could this be related to the fact that we use the Admin.UpdatePolicy() call to configure our API access policies? I understand that the Entity policy and the API access policy are different. Can we also update the Entity Global Title Policy using the UpdatePolicy() call?

Thanks again.

Rob

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Rob Dixon commented ·

Yes, Entity policy and the API access policy are different, to update the Entity Global Title Policy please use SetGlobalPolicy to do that. If that content field is still empty after updating it using API, please let us know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.