question

Charlie Wise avatar image
Charlie Wise asked

Randomly billed by playfab?

Hello,

I have just recieved a massive bill from playfab, and having looked at the data usage there has been an absurd amount of API calls made on my account. I have not used the service in around 6 months as I have been unwell, so someone else has been making these api calls and I'm now expected to pay for it. This is clearly an error and can only suggest that PlayFab servers are being targetted by hackers, which, as the servers are not hosted by me on any machine I own, feels like it should be a PlayFab issue.

I do not believe it is fair that I have been charged such an extortionate amount of money because others have been misusing a server that I had only set to standby and had never before gone past the free usage amount. Like I said, I had not used the service in around 6 months, and the first I heard of any activity on my account was when I was slapped with a whopping great big bill.

I notice also that your email support is gone & your new support is for paying customers only; well, I am now a paying customer, so I guess I'll just have to post here until I get access to that.

I really hope this can be resolved, but I'm probably just going to have to make up that extortionate amount of money somewhere else aren't I - and what a time for it to happen!

support
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

If you need to discuss your bill with us, you can send the emails to playfabsales@microsoft.com or submit the message on our contact page -- Contactus (playfab.com). These questions will be routed to our account management team and sales team, who will be able to assist you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.