question

Shin avatar image
Shin asked

Photon Lobby and Mirror Multiplayer Server

From what I understand, Photon add-ons seems just like for room or lobby functionality and also chat. So my question is would it be advisable to use Photon-addon for Lobby(room list functionality) since playfab currently don’t have that feature and use Mirror to build a server and deploy it in playfab multiplayer server?

unity3dphotonmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Sure, it sounds great to integrate both services to support the Multiplayer gameplay of your game. In addition, we also provide a solution that using Azure service to implement the lobby feature. Please refer to Building Lobbies with Azure PlayFab. It is recommended because PlayFab works closely with Azure and it will be more convenient for maintenance and management.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shin avatar image Shin commented ·

I hope there would be an easier premade way for lobby feature which is made and tested by playfab team as not all devs experts with back-end stuff.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.