question

Masafumi Onuki avatar image
Masafumi Onuki asked

Can I use multiple Nintendo account client IDs on a single title?

I installed the Nintendo Add-ons on my dashboard and successfully authenticated, but I've run into a problem.

It appears that only a single Nintendo account client ID can be set for the Add-ons.

There are multiple localized versions of my game, and clients with different IDs need to be able to access a single PlayFab title.

Can I set multiple Nintendo account client IDs on a single title?

Partner Add-ons
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

No, it is not supported. May I ask the detailed scenario? If you want to share data between your different games, we suggest using different titles in the same studio. Master player account profiles (including login identities) and player data (publish) is shared between titles.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Masafumi Onuki avatar image Masafumi Onuki commented ·

We are a Japanese company, and we self-publish our game in the Japan region.
In the US region, another publisher is selling our game.

The US version has a different product ID, but they can communicate with the Japan version.

Our game is a competitive game and has leaderboards.
If the two versions use different titles, the leaderboards will be separated.

Can different titles share leaderboards?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Masafumi Onuki commented ·

No, leaderboard, along with statistics, is title-specific data, which cannot be share between titles. The best solution is to have an external cached database server for global players use.

However, I don't see it necessary because it is common that different regions don't share the same leaderboard. For example, there are different regions for League of Legends, while players will have separate accounts and ranks in different regions.

0 Likes 0 ·
Masafumi Onuki avatar image Masafumi Onuki Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the answer.

The situation is a bit unique, the package of US version is sold across regions.

I will try to find an external database service.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.