question

raghav avatar image
raghav asked

CloudScript in multiple js and Testing Harness

Hi

I am new to Playfab and I am a user who have worked on gamesparks extensively and I see 2 major setbacks Or May be I don't of the system provided by Playfab.

I see the APIs need to be part of a single file, Is this the only way? Why cant I create a separate js files for each API it is more structured and easy to maintain. Is there a better way and practise that is provided by Playfab?

I don't see a Test Harness kind of system that can provide the way to test the APIs or debug it as and when I work on implementing the APIs. What is the best way to get this done?

I understand Playfab is more dynamic when creating a structure for API, but that also means that i will have to construct my json for testing the APIs if there is any better way to do that?

Thanks in advance

Raghav

CloudScripttest
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

raghav avatar image raghav commented ·

Hi Guys,I see some of your documentation is not working like the one to setup Postman API. I was expecting turn-out time for reponse to be atleast 24 hours.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

We suggest using Azure Function as it is an alternative solution to Cloud Script, but with more powerful and flexible features. Please refer to PlayFab CloudScript using Azure Functions - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions on Azure Function.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

raghav avatar image
raghav answered

Thanks SethDu

Will look into the Azure functions. Can we have a hybrid setup with Azure functions and the cloudscript? There are some API handlers that are already setup, and if I find Azure functions to be helpful I would want to start with Azure functions and then slowly move the current existing cloudscript to Azure functions.

What about the Postman plugin for testing APIs?

Thanks In Advance

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Basically, there is no restriction on Azure function, and you are able to call any PlayFab APIs there as it works the same as standard C# SDK. However, as Azure Function is a replacement for Cloud Script, I don't think there are many (or any) functional updates for Cloud Script.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.