question

Franco Del Rio avatar image
Franco Del Rio asked

How to pass data from one player to another in matchmaking?

Hi, I need help with using Matchmaking. I have already created a Matchmaking according to this guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/quickstart. I also clarify that I am using PlayFab with unity3d. Now I want to know how I can make paired players pass values to keys between them. Example: Player A and Player B are paired. Player A touches a blue button and creates for Player B a key called "Button" and valued "Blue". When pairing is complete, the "Button" key is removed. Ideally the key is created and removed via code within the matchmaking, but if this is impossible, if it can be created from the "Player Data (Title)" and edited in matchmaking, that works too. If there is a documentation or guide that can help with this, it would also be helpful. Thanks and sorry for bothering.

unity3dmultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

We have an official sample on the documentation website. Please refer to Using Shared Group Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, and this is similar to your senario.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.