question

yogev avatar image
yogev asked

About playfab and mmorpg,Hey I am working on MMORPG game and i want to check about playfab

Hey i am working on mmorpg game and we are searching for servers that we can use for our game

We are going to run multiple servers per vm around lets say 10 servers and every server will have 150 players and it will run all the time

will it be good for long running service? I have read that I will hit the limits fast

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The number of servers you can run per virtual machine is entirely dependent on the amount of CPU, memory, and disk resources required by your build, versus the amount available on the VM model you select. No two games are exactly alike in this regard, so you'll need to do some testing to figure that out.

In terms of server hosting, ours is designed for session-based games. So if you need to have servers running for more than a few days at a time, then no, I would not recommend using our server hosting for that.

In terms of limits, can you clarify the question? There are no limits, for example, on the number of players you can have in a game (once you're out of Development Mode), and in term of server hosting, it's just limited by the number of cores you have in your quota, which you can request an increase on whenever you need it. If you need thousands of additional cores, that'll take a little longer to coordinate (a few weeks, max), and we may need to hop on a call to confirm with you on your use case and costs, but we can definitely enable that.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.