question

tbrooks27 avatar image
tbrooks27 asked

How To Set Info Request Parameters In UE4 Blueprints

I looked at the documentation for adding info request parameters to a Login with CustomID request and found that you can set things like "GetUserAccountInfo" to true in order to return things like the display name. I'm working with blueprints in UE4 and cannot figure out how to properly set up the info request parameters to return the data that I'm looking for (display name, etc.)

I know it's possible, here is a quote from @Brendan from 2017.

"You can get the player's Title Display Name on any login call by setting ShowDisplayName to true in the ProfileConstraints member of the InfoRequestParameters"

I just can't figure out how to do it in blueprints. Any help is appreciated to get the data returned through the Login function (I'm trying to minimize the calls I have to make, so I don't want to make a separate call to get this information after calling Login, I'm hoping to get it all at once. Currently my set up returns nothing in the info request params.screenshot-7.png

apissdksunreal
screenshot-7.png (316.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You need to construct a PlayFab JSON object for InfoRequestParameters. I have created a sample for you -- Info request > BlueprintUE.com | PasteBin For Unreal Engine 4. Please be careful when you try to construct the object, UE4 crashes easily. Make sure you save the project before running the level.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tbrooks27 avatar image tbrooks27 commented ·

Awesome, that works, however I'm struggling to figure out where it is going to return the information. When I break the result of on login, does it come from "request" or "info result payload"? I've printed the string from both and so far am unable to locate a return aside from "true" for the "getplayerprofile" parameter.

0 Likes 0 ·
tbrooks27 avatar image tbrooks27 commented ·

Disregard, it was under Info Result Payload where I had to get PlayerProfile as a field, AsObject it, then loop the field names. I see it now, thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.