question

Domagoj Šalković avatar image
Domagoj Šalković asked

Identical Playfab ID on different testkits

Hello!
I have an issue in testing that I'm not sure if it's common or not.
We are testing the game on multiple testkits, but keep getting the same PlayfabID on all of them.
This is just connected to the XB1 console, other consoles don't have this issue.
Maybe this is something that happens normally, just wanted to check how it works.

Thank you in advance!
Cheers,
Dom

Player Data
9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

What does the testkit specifically test? Can you explain the process in more detail? Can you provide reproduce steps?

0 Likes 0 ·
Domagoj Šalković avatar image Domagoj Šalković Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

The testkit tests the leaderboard usage.
When we get to the end of the level, the leaderboard appears and displays the highscores.
What happens is that the testkit grabs the leaderboard score, and shows it with the username from the testkit that currently opened the game.
I logged the playfab IDs on different testkits and they all seem to produce the same ID.
So basically we get one highscore displayed with different names each time.

A colleague said that something similar happened on a different project, we are using test accounts that could all be sharing the ID for some reason.

Reproduce steps are a bit difficult to provide, but I guess grabbing the leaderboard and submitting a test score from different XB1 is the way to go.
The same code is used on other platforms as well, but no issues there.
This could be something specific for XB1 that I wasn't aware of.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ Domagoj Šalković commented ·

Can you provide the same playfab id ,the amount of players and final result?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Domagoj Šalković avatar image Domagoj Šalković Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

@Ivan Cai Hmm, this could very well be the issue we are having, meaning that it's not really an issue but something that is supposed to happen while in the dev environment.
We are using different test accounts from what I'm seeing, like different mail addresses and different in-game usernames.Is there a way to check if the same master player account is being used for playfab other than the same ID we get while connecting to the playfab services?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ Domagoj Šalković commented ·

Do you mean you have checked the master player account and title player account of different accounts? But I did not understand what you mean by checking whether the same master player is used for playfab?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Domagoj Šalković avatar image
Domagoj Šalković answered

@Ivan Cai
a better written explanation, the production build still has the same issue:

The player is given the option to input a name. This name is tied to a unique Playfab ID and is intended to be used in the leaderboards.

Upon completing a level, the player receives a score. If this score is their personal best, it will be submitted to the leaderboards using their Playfab ID. It is now listed in the leaderboards with the name they input. A user can only have one score in the leaderboards.
When a second player submits a score, however, we run in to a problem.
Whatever score is highest in the leaderboards, will change name to match their name.
To clarify: 1. Player A "Bob" submits a score of 100 points to the leaderboards
2. Player B "Jeff" submits a score of 10 points to the leaderboards
3. The score of 100 points now has its name changed to "Jeff", despite the fact that this player actually had a lower score.

Despite this flow working well on PC and PS4, we're experiencing this issue on Xbox specifically.
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

You can try to post this issue in Xbox Forum.The Xbox Forum engineers will help you deal with this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.