question

blindpindwin avatar image
blindpindwin asked

Is it possible to create process based multiplayer build using Game Manager?

I started to play around with the server process I was able to succesfully run as a server on my local machine. However, the POST form in Game Manager seems to be broken: when I change the ServerType to Process, I get the error: There are some errors on this page. Funny enough, no errors are visible until I change the server type back to Container, where I see the message:

Mount path must be a `string` type, but the final value was: `null`.
 If "null" is intended as an empty value be sure to mark the schema as `.nullable()

So, am I doing something wrong or the UI broken?

multiplayergame manager
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Austin Brunkhorst avatar image Austin Brunkhorst commented ·

The fix is now available and you should be able to create process based servers from Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·
blindpindwin avatar image blindpindwin Austin Brunkhorst commented ·

That's great to hear, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
blindpindwin avatar image blindpindwin Austin Brunkhorst commented ·

Hey, just wanted to bring it to your attention - the issue still persists. I was able to deploy server process using web api, but the game manager still doesn't make it possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
Austin Brunkhorst avatar image Austin Brunkhorst blindpindwin commented ·

Sorry to hear the issues are persisting for you. I've tried reproducing the original post by creating a Process based server on Game Manager, and was successful. Can you provide the exact steps you are taking to encounter issues? Apologies for any inconvenience here - we'll make sure you're unblocked as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Austin Brunkhorst avatar image
Austin Brunkhorst answered

Hi @BlindPindwin,

Thanks for taking the time to post this - it appears the UI is broken in this scenario. Our team will provide a fix to unblock you from creating process based servers by this Thursday (5/6)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.