question

Daniel Wengenroth avatar image
Daniel Wengenroth asked

Getting started with UE4 on Nintendo Switch

Hello,

I'm very new to playfab and I'm currently testing out some stuff for a potential Multiplayer game on Nintendo Switch.

I have a free account with no credit card informations attached, UE4.26.0, 2 EDEV Switch Kits with both the same SDK installed.

I have connected my Nintendo verification and installed the Nintendo Addon for the project I have set up on Playfab. I added the nintendo and Playfeb required informations to to project settings and I can login from the Switch and see the players created in the Playfab Project.

I can also create a session but not find any session. I created and tried to search for sessions via blueprint with the default UE4 classes.

login.jpgsession.jpg

But I actually don't know if this is the right way or not. Should it work with an upgraded account or credit card informations attached? How do I set everything up? Is there any documentation for Nintendo Switch and Playfab?

Thanks!

login.jpg (150.5 KiB)
session.jpg (218.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Sorry for the late reply. PlayFab supports the Nintendo Network for player authentication. As you mentioned you can successfully login from the Switch, that is everything of Nintendo integration with PlayFab. The session you created was not related to PlayFab, it seems like the Unreal Online Session Nodes. We don’t have suggestion on why you cannot find the session. Please search for the corresponding forum for help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

This issue is related to Nintendo Switch, as we have an NDA with Nintendo, unfortunately, we don’t have documents and cannot share more information. Please go to the Nintendo Developer forum and search for more information. We have engineers that could help you on the Nintendo Developer forum.

1 comment
10 |1200

Daniel Wengenroth avatar image Daniel Wengenroth commented ·

Posted the question here again: https://developer.nintendo.com/group/development/g1kr9vj6/forums/english/-/gts_message_boards/thread/310013351

But it should be possible to tell me if this does not work due to the free account without a credit card or not. This information alone would help me a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel Wengenroth avatar image
Daniel Wengenroth answered

Any news on this? Nintendo tells me, I should ask you here. I would really need to know what I need to do.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.