question

Steve Lobdell avatar image
Steve Lobdell asked

I think your calculations are wrong for server/core usage...

Today is May 1, I've had 1 Standard_D2as_v4 (2 cores) VM (with 10 servers) running, maybe all day, not sure. I look at my usage and now I have only 585 hours left of free tier. Can you tell me how that's possible? Thanks

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve Lobdell avatar image Steve Lobdell commented ·

Oh I got it, so every time you spin up a server it rounds to an hour? That sucks, if I'm debugging my server I may need to deploy, make changes, deploy, make changes deploy. So I could easy get docked for like 10 core hours when I've really not been using that much. There needs to be a way to swap out the asset package without deploying a new build so I don't have to terminate and start a new VM instance to make a change.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, actually, if you look at your Total Usage tab, you'll see that you had one or more VMs running since the 21st of last month. The issue is that the consumed hours are only counted when a VM shuts down, so you have hours from last month that bled into this month, due to the server not shutting down until Saturday. In terms of billing, we bill based on the number of minutes the VMs run - we do not round up to the the nearest hour.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve Lobdell avatar image Steve Lobdell commented ·
@Brendan

that makes sense, and is actually quite a relief. Thank you. I'm assuming a production server would be different and billing would accrue without having to shut down a server?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Steve Lobdell commented ·

I'm not sure what you're asking. There's no difference between Development Mode or Live Mode in the service, as far as server hosting is concerned - it worked the same, regardless.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Lobdell avatar image Steve Lobdell brendan commented ·

Well, what I'm asking is if I have a production server that runs for 12 months, will I be billed monthly or will I get hit with an astronomical bill when I shut my server down after a year?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

As this blog -- PlayFab Support Overview said, for the non -technical cases, such as the questions about billing, we have a form on our Contact page that allows you to submit them. These questions will be routed to our account management team, who will be able to assist you.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.