question

Vladislav Yakushev avatar image
Vladislav Yakushev asked

Hello! How can i delete duplicated durables items?,Hello! How can I delete dublicates durable items?

Hi there! In last version of my game I get the bug : players can collect some durable item with duplicates... To fix it in live, i made rhis items stackable. But how I understand old version item will not migrate to stackable. If player got 1000 duplicates before, after my edit he will have in inventory 1000 non stackable item and 1 stackable with counter... How can I delete old version items for players or convert items to stackable in live? Thank you

Hello there!

In last version of my game I had mistake with migration and now some players habe a lot of dublicates of durable items...

To fix it in live, I made this items stackable. But how can I delete old dublicates on the players account?

How I understand - old dublicates will not convert to stackable...
May be is there way to convert old item version to new (stackable) for players?

Player DataPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

There are few workarounds.

• Create a Scheduled Task that runs on ALL players, to run a Cloud Script/Azure Function, that will check the inventory then revoke deprecated items and grant the new one. This will take long if you have large player base.
  • Add a report bug button in the client, that will generate a customized PlayStream Event when clicked. A rule you defined can be triggered to run a Cloud Script function like above to fix this issue. (personally suggest)
  • Simply ignore this issue and add codes in your client to merge the duplicated items. After all, it is a display issue.
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.