question

Eric Gyulai avatar image
Eric Gyulai asked

Error trying to use SDK

I installed the PlayFab SDK in my project, but when i type "using PlayFab;" i get this error:

The type or namespace name 'PlayFab' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

SDK version: 2.107.210427

Unity version: 2020.1.4f1

I tried installing the SDK in a new, empty unity project and it seems to work fine there.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I assume you are using Visual Studio. when you open the script, does the "Assembly-CSharp" shows at the top left corner? Otherwise, you may need to set it at [your Unity project] -> [Edit] -> [Preference] -> [External tools] -> [External script editor].

Please also make sure you have installed all the necessary plugins in Visual Studio Installer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eric Gyulai avatar image Eric Gyulai Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I opened it in Visual Studio and yes, "Assembly-CSharp" shows at the top left corner

0 Likes 0 ·
Eric Gyulai avatar image Eric Gyulai commented ·

@SethDu I'm actually using VS Code

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Eric Gyulai avatar image
Eric Gyulai answered

@SethDu I'm actually using VS Code

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Does selecting VS Code as External script editor solve this issue? I have tested it and VS code works fine.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.