question

Ramon Esteve Cuevas avatar image
Ramon Esteve Cuevas asked

PurchaseOnSteam Error: IP address has been rate limited

Hello,

All our purchases from our game are recieving the following error when trying to purchase on steam:

PurchaseOnSteam Failed: Steam API unsuccessful response:

{
    "response": {
        "result": "Failure",
        "params": {
            "orderid": 13833622648373767369
        },
        "error": {
            "errorcode": 104, 
            "errordesc": "IP address has been rate limited"
        }
    }
}

We get this error when calling: "PlayFabClientAPI.PayForPurchase" method from the Unity SDK project. This is also in our production environment.

Kind regards,

Ramon

Rekall Games

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

From the error message, it looks like there is a limit on Steam counting the purchase request rate of IP address and this limit has been exceeded. Please find the steam document or steam forum for help.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ramon Esteve Cuevas avatar image Ramon Esteve Cuevas commented ·

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your response. After a couple of days I was finally able to make the call without the error stated above. However now I'm getting the following error: "Failed to initiate transaction with payment provider". I have steam up and running and also checked the API key and Application ID and both are correct (corresponding to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/12922/failed-to-initiate-transaction-with-payment-provid.html).

Do you have an idea what might be wrong?

Kind regards,

Ramon
Rekall Games

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Ramon Esteve Cuevas commented ·

If you have made sure the set up steps for steam payment provider were all correct, we would like to have your title id and the complete info on the call being made for diagnosing the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Ramon Esteve Cuevas commented ·

Is your Steam signin working? Please note that you have to be able to sign into Steam (which requires a Steam ticket) in order to use the purchasing flow, since the Steam client is part of the flow.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ramon Esteve Cuevas avatar image Ramon Esteve Cuevas Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Hi Rick,

Yes the Steam signin and linking both works. We will upload a new version of our game including the new Steam SDK in the hope it will fix the issue. If not I will contact using the developer portal and give all the required information.

Kind regards,

Ramon

Rekall Games

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.