question

Marc avatar image
Marc asked

How to get error details from the "Daily Overview Report - Total Errors Chart"

I'm trying to figure out on how to get more detail from the Total Errors Chart in the Daily Overview Report.

I tried querying in Data Explorer (advanced) using:

['events.all']

| project FullName_Name, Timestamp, Entity_Id, EventData

| where Timestamp between(datetime(2021-04-28T00:00:00Z) .. datetime(2021-04-28T23:59:59Z))

| where EventData contains "error"

| summarize total=count()

But the numbers doesn't match with the report.

How do I query to get what's being rendered in Total Errors Chart

data
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I have your title ID? I will look into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marc avatar image Marc Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu Title ID: DEE32

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Dashboard] -> [Report] and select Daily API Usage Details Report in the drop down list to review those errors.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have checked your title. The Total errors in the report are less than the result in Data Explorer, which is expected behaviour because not all the API errors generate the PlayStream event, for example login error. Please feel free to let me know if there are any business impact of it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Marc avatar image Marc commented ·

Is there a way to see the raw data that is being rendered by Total Errors chart then? For my use case: If I see the chart reporting 100 errors and my query on the Data Explorer only reports 10. How can I action on the remaining 90 errors if don't know the details on what is causing them.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.