question

Joey Maher avatar image
Joey Maher asked

PlayFab Request Multiplayer Server not working as expected

Hi, we've noticed over the past twelve or so hours that our matchmaking has been failing. After working a bit going through our workflow, I've narrowed it down to the 'RequestMultiplayerServer' call.

In all of the below cases, I can confirm that we have four perfectly valid servers in the StandingBy state -- all in the requested region.

Here's what my query looks like:

Normally (as in prior to yesterday), calling this would quickly return the server connection details and turn one of the StandingBy servers on into the Active state. This has not been happening. Now, I'm seeing any of the following:

Looking this error up online, many people have mentioned that it happens when you don't have any servers remaining. Again, I can confirm that we absolutely do have servers in this region with this build ID.

At some points, I also received this:

which would lead me to believe it could be a server issue?

Have any of you seen something like this / do you have any ideas about solutions? Thanks!

apismultiplayersupport
awczi.png (13.7 KiB)
d5nnq.png (31.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Joey Maher avatar image
Joey Maher answered

We were able to solve this problem by redploying the exact same build with a different build ID, but I still don't understand how this could have happened. Any suggestions about how to avoid this in the future would be appreciated!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.