question

david-9 avatar image
david-9 asked

Open Trade, How to pass TradeId to player 2?

I am using the OpenTrade to gift an item from Player A to Player B. Player A has made the trade and has the TradeID. You then say "he can then send this TradeId along with his PlayFabId to Player B who receives the gift" . Given I cant pass data between two player clients, how is that possible?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Currently we don’t have a built-in system for clients to pass data to each other. As a workaround, you can write such data directly in each player's key/value pairs, for more details, please check out this thread: Eay way to send data to other player - Playfab Community

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david-9 avatar image david-9 commented ·

Thanks. Don't want to be negative, But that's quite shocking, To have a section on gifting using opentrade, explaining well the setup of the gift and the receiving of the gift, but not explaining the bit in the middle, because you cant do it without a hack. I'd suggest putting a warning in your documentation that the feature is incomplete to save people time. Do you have plans to remedy the trading issues soon, seems fairly useless if you cant find trades you've been sent. Could you also point me to an example cloud script that Brendan talks about in your link if it exists. Many thanks for your time. Great product experience so far apart from this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan david-9 commented ·

Apologies for the inconveniences, we do stated that the Trading system lacks some useful elements that would make it a complete feature, though: Trading - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. Regarding the example Cloudscript, I'm afraid currently there is no written code sample provided.

In addition, if you find this feature neccessary for your project, please post a feature request here All Posts in Feature Requests - Playfab Community, more votes can help us prioritize our work, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.