question

beyondexist avatar image
beyondexist asked

Why PlayFab don't get Facebook test user's friends?

We are trying to get "user_friends" permission from Facebook to create more social environment to our Unity game. When we try to get user friends from any of our personal accounts there is no problem, PlayFab is getting our friends and fetching perfectly but when we try to get Facebook test user's friends which we created from Facebook Developer dashboard PlayFab is failing and returning Error: "/Client/GetFriendsList: An unknown error has occurred." since error telling there is an unknown error we can't able to locate where is the issue exactly. Any help would be appreciated, thanks...

apisunity3dsdksFriendsgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

According to my test, if the Facebook test user and the test user’s friend has signed in to PlayFab, the GetFriendsList API will return the friend’s PlayFab account without error. I cannot reproduce this issue. Could you please describe in detail about your reproducing steps and the request body of your API call?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

beyondexist avatar image beyondexist commented ·

Sorry for late reply, I guess problem is with Facebook Gaming. Because when we open a new project in Facebook without gaming profile and used normal (classic) login with Facebook method there was no any errors but when we used Facebook Gaming Login and tried to login with Facebook's test users there is this error that i told about. Maybe error is caused by a login process that Facebook provides, cause in this king of login (I mean Facebook Gaming Login) Facebook provides 2 profiles to choose to user. User chooses either his/her normal Facebook Profile or Gaming Profile provided by Facebook which he/she can change his/her profile name and picture. Of course it is just an opinion we thought about.

Here our request body:

var request = new LoginWithFacebookRequest 
{ 
    CreateAccount = true, 
    AccessToken = Facebook.Unity.AccessToken.CurrentAccessToken.TokenString 
};
PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithFacebook(request, OnLoginWithFacebookSucceed, OnLoginWithFacebookFailed);

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.