question

aduci avatar image
aduci asked

Multiplayer Server Free Usage Hours

Hi, i dont really understand how Playfab calculates the free hours.

Yesterday i tested multiplayer game servers (1 VM, Dasv4, 2 cores, 1 server / core)

I set the standby servers and the maximum servers to 1.

We started a game which held around for an hour. After the game ended, the server status went back to "Deployed, Active = 0, StandBy = 1" . At this point the "Dasv4 free compute remaining" was 690.

I checked it today and now it is 496.08, when there was no new games and the active servers = 0, standBy = 1.

How is it possible?

Thank you very much for the answers

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

The 750 monthly free hours refers to single core hours, for example, if you have a D2asv4 (2 core) VM run for 24 hours, it will charge 24*2=48 free core hours. And, since you set “StandBy” to 1, in your case, PlayFab will always keep one D2asv4 (2 core) VM running to host this “StandBy” server. Furthermore, if you have multiple builds or regions configured , the core hour usage will be N times larger. Therefore, we suggest you set “Standby” count to 0 when you’re done testing so that free hours won’t get consumed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve Lobdell avatar image
Steve Lobdell answered

There is no difference in active vs standby when calculating hours...they all count. And it's core hours, so if you're running a 2-core VM, you'll get docked 2 core hours for every hour you have any vms running (active or standby).

3 comments
10 |1200

aduci avatar image aduci commented ·

That is all clear, however i dont see why the Remaining time reduced by almost 200 in 1 day with 2 cores

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan aduci commented ·

Regaeding "200 in 1 day with 2 cores", do you also have other builds or regions configured?

0 Likes 0 ·
aduci avatar image aduci Citrus Yan commented ·

No, only this one. I have an idea. It is possible that simply refreshing the playfab website doesnt reload the server infos. After turning in/out pc or clearing caches looks like neccessary to reload correctly the server datas

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.