question

daniel-6 avatar image
daniel-6 asked

Unity - Login With Email Address never ending

I'm not sure why but sometimes the PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithEmailAddress(request, OnLoginSuccess, OnLoginFailure) gets called but never ends up calling either the OnLoginSuccess or the OnLoginFailure function.

Since neither function is called, my application gets stuck forever in a loading state, waiting for an answer.

Most of the time it works though, but sometimes it gets into a weird state and I have to restart Unity for it to start working again. I have had report from people that the app just shows the loading screen forever without going in the mobile application and now I just found the cause.

There's no error in the console too.. It just looks like the function fails silently...

Any idea what's going on?

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

Can you provide your titleId ? In general, you can set request type as http web request and time out in playfab edex. So next time, you can judge whether the request has timed out. I think it may be that the sdk has not processed your request well.

0 Likes 0 ·
daniel-6 avatar image daniel-6 Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

Yes it's (FC1E6) Artys ! I'm currently using Unity Www as the request type but that should timeout at some point too right?

I'm seeing the issue right now on Windows 10 but I have had people complaining about the issue on IOS and Android too.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
daniel-6 avatar image daniel-6 daniel-6 commented ·

I added my own timeout of 5 seconds and weirdly enough the second time it tried to login, it always works but never the first time when in that strange state.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
daniel-6 avatar image daniel-6 Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

So even after restarting Unity, the issue persists. I had to delay the login by one frame and it works now. Not sure why though

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ daniel-6 commented ·

Can you provide a reproducible sample?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.