question

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr asked

Item attributes

Is it possible to get custom attributes of a single item in CloudScript ?

I often have to read values of a single item and as far as I understood, I have to get whole catalog each time ? No possibility to query a single item by its attribute ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - the GetCatalogItems call does return the full catalog. The way titles normally use this is by getting the catalog, then iterating through it for the ItemId (or tag, or type) that they're looking for. We do plan to offer filtering options in a future update, but this has not yet been scheduled. We will continue to track the Feature Request post you added on this (https://community.playfab.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/208316227-Query-a-single-item), so that if the development community overall indicates that this is an important feature, we can work on prioritizing it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.