question

Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero avatar image
Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero asked

IOS Party connection error with Unity

I am having an issue when creating or connecting to a party with any IOS device.

In the beginning, it all seems to work fine and returns the 'NetworkId' on 'OnNetworkJoined' but then, immediately after I get the following error after joining.

AURemoteIO.cpp:1598:Start: AUIOClient_StartIO failed (-66637)

After that error, I start getting the following:

The requesting entity is not authorized to write events with namespace playfab.party. Allowed namespaces can be 'custom' or begin with 'custom.'.

I created a new project with a simple code to reproduce the error following the steps specified in Quickstart: PlayFab Party Unity Plugin and I still get the same error.

The project is in this repo.

unity3dmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero avatar image
Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero answered

Updating the PlayFab Party SDK for Unity to version 1.6.0.0-main.0 solved the issue. Thank you @Citrus Yan.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Thanks for your feedback on this, we will try to reproduce it and get back to you later if we find anything.

6 comments
10 |1200

Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero avatar image Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero commented ·

Hi @Citrus Yan any update on this? I really wanted to start testing my game on iPhone and I am blocked at the moment as the party functionality is a key piece for the game.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero commented ·

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was able to see the same error you encountered in question from the device log. Right now we are trying to identify the root cause of it, your patience is greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 Like 1 ·

I tried to upgrade the sdk to the latest, still not working, investagating.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero avatar image Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero Citrus Yan commented ·

Thanks for the update @Citrus Yan

0 Likes 0 ·
Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero avatar image Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero commented ·

Hey @Citrus Yan Any update on this?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero, we've submitted this issue to the related team for more investigation, we'll keep you posted for any new updates.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.