question

MoonHeonYoung avatar image
MoonHeonYoung asked

Change VC question

1.During the live game service, if I change the initial deposit, recharge rate, and recharge maximum Settings of specific VC(existing players had), will it have a negative effect on existing players?

2.During the live game service, if I Remove specific VC(existing players had), will it have a negative effect on existing players? ( i.e.If the player tries to use that vc, does an error occur? Is this an action that shouldn't be done? )

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

From a technical standpoint, changing the initial deposit will have no effect on pre-existing players, since they already received their initial deposit - it would not change their balances. Player VC balances are only re-computed when a purchase operation occurs, or the VC balance is queried (by getting the inventory). If you change the recharge rate, that will apply to the full period of time that has elapsed since the last time the player's VC balance was computed. So, if they haven't signed in for 24 hours and you change the recharge rate, then they sign in, the new balance will be calculated as if that 24 hours was all at the new rate. Changing the recharge max will either a) give them more room for the VC balance to grow, or b) do nothing, the next time their balance is checked. Excess VC over the max is never removed, because you may have used AddUserVirtualCurrency to give them extra, or you may have let them purchase it with real-world money. The max is just the max to which the VC will "regenerate".

If you remove a VC, it's not possible for the player to use that balance, since there wouldn't be any items that have prices that use it, by definition.

In terms of negative effect, that's more of a gameplay experience question. If your players feel that they earned that VC and want to use it you could have significant player dissatisfaction if you take it away from them. And if you sold it to them for real-world money, you may face legal challenges. I'd recommend checking with your legal counsel before you make any change, in that case.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MoonHeonYoung avatar image MoonHeonYoung commented ·

Thank you !! What happens in the following cases?

1.recharge rate 4 recharge max 4 (charged per 6 hours)

If I change the recharge rate to 8 and max8 while the rechargeTime remains for about 5 hours, what will happen to the current remaining time?

Will it continue and the new time will be applied only on the next charge?

2. When the recharge max is 5 and the player has 5, If I change the rechargemax to 3, will the player lose 2? What happens?

3. When the recharge max is 5 and the player has 10 (purchase vc), what happens if I change the recharge max to 7?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan MoonHeonYoung commented ·

First, I realize I mis-stated one thing above, so I corrected it. If the player is over the max, changing the regeneration max doesn't change their balance. You can give players more than the max through AddUserVirtualCurrency, or you might give the player the option to purchase more than the regeneration max. The regeneration maximum is just the max to which the player VC will regenerate. If they're over it, they aren't given more when the balance is checked.

1. It makes no difference when you change the recharge rate or max. The player's balance is updated when the VC is next checked by an active call - making a purchase with that VC, changing the VC balance (AddUserVirtualCurrency, etc.), or checking the inventory (through API call or in the Game Manager). The regeneration rate and max at the time that check occurs applies. There are no updates to player VC outside those checks.

2. No. The player will still have 5 - see above.

3. Nothing. The player will still have 10. Any player below 10 may get that VC the next time their balance is checked, if enough time has passed.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.