question

waleed avatar image
waleed asked

Unable to match players above min match size

I'm implementing matchmaking in which up to 10 players can join. So for that, I've created the Match-Total-Rule so I'll be open for min10/max10 players at the start and gradually decrease the count to start with the players that have joined with-in 20 seconds.
But it's not working, it always matches 2 players and returns the server configuration, 3rd player never gets matched.
Please have a look at screenshots and let me know what went wrong, thanks!

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have tried in my testing title and here is my queue configuration, it works fine –

• Match size: Min -> 2 ; Max -> 10
  • Match total rule :

Basically, I don’t think you need to set up Max override. Please try to see it if it can be matched only after 25 seconds.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

waleed avatar image waleed commented ·

Thanks @SethDu it worked.
btw - what does max overrides do? i don't find any documentation on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ waleed commented ·

I cannot provide a great scenario of using Max overrides in a real game, but it works the same as min overrides and it changes the max value as time flows. A referable example is that at the beginning, the match size is10~20, while with the overrides, it becomes 2~5 gradually.

I am not sure why your queue can only match 2 players. If it only occurs after 20s, it is because Seconds until optional was configured as 20s and the "GiveUpAfterSeconds" in CreateMatchmakingTicket API call should be larger than 20. Is it correct? It means after 20s, the rule will be invalid, while the ticket is still matching and the queue will simply have a match size of 2-10 with no rules, where 2 players will be matched instantly.

The key point in your case is that you don't have to set up both overrides. I believe practically setting up both overrides should work, but 2 seconds is too soon for the testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
waleed avatar image waleed Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Got it,
One more thing Seconds-Between-Expansions is linked to each ticket, right?
E.g. If one ticket doesn't find and decrease player count to 3/10 and then a ticket is created at that time it will have 10/10 and won't match with the previous one that is on 3/10?
Tickets need to be created at the same or at least within expansion time of that count to match with each other, correct?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.