question

jorge8agomez avatar image
jorge8agomez asked

Unity Webgl problem

Hello dear community,

I have a problem with the Playfab Unity SDK and a webgl build. Everything works in the editor but when i tried to run in a web browser I received this message (see image).

Any ideas ? Also I tried to use the C# SDK with the same bad results.

@seth

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We can’t reproduce this issue using our testing project. In our test, PlayFab Unity SDK can work fine with the WebGL build. And according to the error message, this issue seems caused related to “dlopen”. This thread from Unity Answers -- to use dlopen you need to use emscripten's linking support - Unity Answers could be helpful. As it said, you may need to check did you import the *.dll files to your project. If so, you can try to remove them.

For the supplement, if you downloaded the PlayFab C# SDK using NuGet, PlayFab library will exist as *.dll files. If you use them in the Unity Project, the issue will happen. If you want to import PlayFab C# SDK without importing Win32 DLL, you can clone the source code of the CSharpSDK in our repository -- PlayFab/CSharpSDK: SDK for C#/.net environments other than Unity (github.com).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jorge8agomez avatar image
jorge8agomez answered
@Sarah Zhang

thank you for your response. I checked for any dll inside the library and there aren't any present.

I continue checking why I have this problem. Do you have a basic test project to try to understand what happened with my project ?

Thank you a lot.

1 comment
10 |1200

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

We can't upload a file bigger than 524.3KB so we packaged it. You can download and extract this zip file to get the unity package file, then create a new project, switch it to WebGL platform, and import this unity package into your project. We use Unity2019.4.23f1 to create this project, and the WebGL build can work fine.

logintest.zip

0 Likes 0 ·
logintest.zip (463.9 KiB)
Christian Yoder avatar image
Christian Yoder answered
@Sarah Zhang

@jorge8agomez

We're having the same issue. Any idea what this could be or how to resolve it?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.