question

Daniel Fearon avatar image
Daniel Fearon asked

Play Store version of Unicorn Battle broken?

I tried the default Play Store version of Unicorn Battle with the default title ID, connected to I assume your own example backend account(?), on two different Android devices. On one I immediately received the error:

CALLBACK ERROR: GenericLogin: Account Banned

and could not proceed. On the other I was initially able to progress to the character selection screen, but after an API call failure I was again informed my account was banned and can no longer get past the login screen.

Am I misunderstanding how the example application is intended to work? Is the example published on the Play Store not for use with the default backend so not intended to be playable without changing the title ID?

I tried the default Google Play Store version of Unicorn Battle with the default title ID, connected to I assume your own example backend account(?), on two different Android devices. On one I immediately received the error:

CALLBACK ERROR: GenericLogin: Account Banned

and could not proceed. On the other I was able to progress to the character selection screen the first time, but after an API call failure I was informed my account had been banned.

Am I misunderstanding how the example application is intended to work? Is the app published on the Play Store not for use with its default backend and so not intended to be playable as-is without changing the title code?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It seems that someone (likely doing a demo for a developer) set up a new segment to show off banning players, and used the logic that any Android account that logged in less than one minute ago should be banned for one hour. I've removed that from the default Unicorn Battle title, but I highly recommend walking through the steps to set up your own title for testing with Unicorn Battle. Our team members do use it for demos as well as testing from time to time, so the behavior can change on the default title.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Daniel Fearon avatar image Daniel Fearon commented ·

Thanks. I intend to, I just wanted to see first what it was intended to be like when functioning correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel Fearon avatar image Daniel Fearon commented ·

Is it worthwhile reporting bugs from the Play Store version on the GitHub repo by the way, or are they likely to just be other cases of testing-related issues? I'm seeing a few such as shop items not found or "CALLBACK ERROR: ExecuteCloudScript: RetriveQuestItems: ERROR: [CloudScriptAPIRequestError] - The script called a PlayFab API, which returned an error. See the Error logs for details."

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Daniel Fearon commented ·

I'd first set up UB in your own Title ID, so that you have a clean install from which to test. Once you've done that, please open a ticket here in the forums for any issues you run into using the demo app.

1 Like 1 ·
Daniel Fearon avatar image Daniel Fearon brendan commented ·

OK, thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.