question

jpgordon00 avatar image
jpgordon00 asked

URGENT: Can't turn standby off for server

I have a server build where I turned target standby to 0 about 2 months ago. It has had a standby server the entire time...

Can you please help me disable this server so I stop getting billed? I got charged over $900 so far for a PF glitch......

Please turn off my build 15 and if this is a glitch, can I get a refund?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jpgordon00 avatar image jpgordon00 commented ·

Can you please turn off all my multiplayer servers? I have VM usage when ALL my builds are set to 0 for standby. I can't even delete builds...

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Looking at your title, I'm not seeing any standby servers running. I had a look at your Audit History page, and it looks like you set the Standby level to 0 today, which would explain why they're not running right now. It does take a few minutes for the status to change - that's likely what you saw.

If you think your billing is incorrect, feel free to use the Contact Us form in the main playfab.com site. We can compare the service logs to the billing to confirm.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jpgordon00 avatar image jpgordon00 commented ·

I had a few builds incorrectly running for over 7k instance hours. As you could see from the screenshot, there was atleast 1 server where target standby was set to 0 and it remained running.

I got billed an extreme amount for the VM hours and, as a college student, this really impacts my life. Is there any way to reduce the bill? These VM's weren't even running my servers (they were in pending heartbeat state) as they were wrongly set to idle.

Anything would help. Thank you Brenden.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jpgordon00 commented ·

As I said, the change to the number of Standby servers takes a few minutes, so it would show that state (the selected Standby count being 0 and still having 1 or more) until the VM is fully shut down. Again, if you could send the details to us using the Contact Us page at playfab.com, we can review the charges and compare that to the logs showing when you set the standby levels to 0. If they kept running for a non-trivial amount of time after you did that, we definitely would want to refund you for that extra runtime. Setting your Standby level to 0 is specifically how you turn off all VMs, if you don't have any active sessions running.

0 Likes 0 ·
jpgordon00 avatar image jpgordon00 brendan commented ·

@Brendan I do believe the charges were correct. However, the VMS were not used and were sitting mostly idle. As I said earlier, I am a student and got billed an extreme amount - over 6k instance hours for idle usage. Is there any way I can get a bill reduction?

Anything would be appreciated, thank you Brenden.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.