question

Riccardo Iengo avatar image
Riccardo Iengo asked

Login with Steam "Steam api rejected request as unauthorized due to invalid title app ID or publisher key unkown error"

I am using ue4.26.1 source. I already built the Playfab plugin and plus I use the Advanced Session and Advanced Steam Session plugin. Any Idea on what this error could be? Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please understand that the SteamTicket passed via PlayFab Login API is used to directly authenticate with Steam server and the error usually is returned by Steam server. Hence, according to the error message, I suggest double-checking and comparing the Steam Title app ID and publisher key in the client with the configuration in Steam Plugin in Add-ons page.

Otherwise, you may also print out the SteamTicket and manually test it in Postman to see if it is an SDK issue -- Postman (REST) SDK - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jose Medina avatar image
Jose Medina answered
@SethDu

I am getting a similar error when trying to link Steam accounts to Playfab, I tried to fire up the

LinkSteamAccount request from Postman, and I received the same error, when you say "comparing the Steam Title app ID and publisher key in the client" do you mean the Game Client (We're using Unreal Engine) ? We configured both the Steam App ID and Steam Web API key in the Playfab admin tool, so we're not sure where else to add the "Publisher Key" (which, I assume is the same as the Seam Web API Key). Thanks!

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

How do you get the steam ticket? Have you checked the comment in this thread --UE4 Steam Ticket - Playfab Community?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.