question

darren zou avatar image
darren zou asked

PlayFab or SQL for GATCHA mobile game?

I saw my sister playing a GATCHA game and she was clicking a lot to get rewards, I think these games requires a lot of reads and writes and server validation. Is it wise to use PlayFab or should I switch to a Node SQL server? Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

In general, the gacha game data are cached first and then updated uniformly, without frequent operations. So you don't need to worry for calling APIs counts limits. We can meet needs that are in the gacha game, such as random draws are corresponding to the drop table of playfab. For server validation, you can call server APIs in cloudscript for request validation.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darren zou avatar image darren zou commented ·

what do you mean by cached and updated uniformly? I want everything to be updated/ added/ deleted based on server data not client side data.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ darren zou commented ·

How to update depends on how your game runs. If you run the gacha game in server, you can update the data frequently and respond in time. If as a back-end service, we do not recommend you to do this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.