question

Reid Taylor avatar image
Reid Taylor asked

Handling skins for multiple characters...

I'm working on a game in which we plan to have around 20 characters that each have around 20 skins. The characters can not be bought (you always own them). But the skins can be bought and sold. What would be the best way to save owned skins?

Character DataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Each character can have its own inventory, data, statistics and so on. Therefore, the best way to save owned skins would be saving them into each character’s inventory, here are a bunch of APIs provided for you to manage character inventories:

Player Item Management - Add Character Virtual Currency (PlayFab Server) | Microsoft Docs

Player Item Management - Get Character Inventory (PlayFab Server) | Microsoft Docs

Player Item Management - Grant Items To Character (PlayFab Server) | Microsoft Docs

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Reid Taylor avatar image Reid Taylor commented ·

@Citrus Yan So I have seen this but how would I handle all the characters? When an account is created 20 characters will need to be created... Will there be problems with that? I would have to find a way to create a new character when there is an update and we add characters... Is that possible? Thanks :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Reid Taylor avatar image Reid Taylor commented ·

@Citrus Yan To add to this... I read a bunch of stuff on characters and they say you can't have more than 10 characters per player... We need 20+

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Reid Taylor commented ·

As of now, there is no hard limit on the number of characters a player can have, you can create more than 20 characters for a player. And, regarding "create a new character when there is an update", I think that's possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.