question

shpytagleb avatar image
shpytagleb asked

Is it possible to perform purchase validation without granting items?

I'm using "ValidateGooglePlayPurchase" for validating real currency purchases. Documentation states that besides validating a receipt, this call also gives the corresponding item to the player. However, I'm using a third party API for stroring and managing players' inventories already. Appearence of "ghost" items in the playfab's inventory isn't much of a problem by iteself as I'm not using it anyway, but the same request also grants currencies in case if a bundle has been purchased. I'm actually using playfab's currencies feature and I would like to process their management myself as the game contains such features as currency limit and purchases overage delivery through the in-game mail system.

I could subtract granted currencies by myself after a receipt validation before further operations but I would like to know if I could resolve this issue with a more elegant and solution. I also would like to keep using playfab's receipt validation as it allows to generate revenue reports.

Thank you and kind regards.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

Firstly, we don't support for performing receipt validation without granting item. Through your description, since you only want to generate revenue reports on playfab and use third party service to manage inventory, simply create a blank bundle.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shpytagleb avatar image shpytagleb commented ·

Thank you for you response. I'm afraid this isn't exactly a solution in my case. Even though I don't store user's inventory on the playfab, I still use playfab's store features to contain and present information about purchasable items to players. I find it handy to use catalog for storing nor only items descriptions and pictures but also their properties and other data so I could generate user inventory DB entries from them after a purchase.

I'm ok with automatic items granting as I can decrease their uses right after that. However, automatic currency granting from bundles is a problem. I guess I could store bundle's currency info in a json insread of bundle's assigned field but I would like to research other options first.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ shpytagleb commented ·

Yes, you can set bundle's currency info a json in custom data.Playfab catalog items contain item properties and custom data, you can generate invetory DB entries from them.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.