question

Nicklas Ruiterman avatar image
Nicklas Ruiterman asked

Unity: Windows Store IL2CPP support?

Hi :)

Is windows store with IL2CPP scripting backend supported?

if not, is support planned?

i'm looking for a In-App Purchases solution for Windows Store with the IL2CPP scripting backend set

looks like unity supports IL2CPP with xbox one, will this work with the playfab xbox live add-on?

so all the payment option add-ons are receipt validation only?

cheers,

nicklas

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nicklas Ruiterman answered

got it to build, switching out some of the platform preprocessor directives

after building and running i get this:

"System.Reflection.Emit is not supported."

yea so IL2CPP doesn't support dynamic code generation

Is there anything i can do to workaround this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

We will be working on this issue very soon.  At this time I cannot guarantee a specific date,  but I am hoping to have this resolved by GDC.  There are more problems than just the Reflection issues,  there is an issue with WSA too, that involves fixing / Swapping out the JSON library that we are currently using (JSON.NET)  which has some incompatibilities.   I tried to swap it out with the built in unity one from Unity 5.3, how ever they have no support for serializing / deserializing  DateTime.  I've submitted a unity bug for this and they said they are going to fix it.  Meanwhile we are looking into a better JSON solution which means we might have to develop a custom one.  

I'll keep this thread updated with our progress.

10 |1200

Nicklas Ruiterman answered

Thank you for the information :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.