question

Jamie Seward avatar image
Jamie Seward asked

Admin API ListServerBuilds does not show build from multiplayer/server/builds admin panel.

I have added a new server build through the Multiplayer -> Servers page. It seems to be added properly and has a unique ID and creation date. It definitely seems to be real. But if I use the admin rest api to ask for server builds I get an empty response.

{ "code": 200, "status": "OK", "data": { "Builds": [] } }

This is an issue because I am trying to figure out why my Client/StartGame call is returning "Game build not found". I have double checked that the client is sending up the same BuildVersion to match the BuildName that was used when Adding a New Build.

Thanks

apismultiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You’re using the wrong API, Admin/ListServerBuilds and Client/StartGame are used in conjunction with custom server managements, which belongs to our legacy server hosing service. However in your case, it’s the new PlayFab Multiplayer Servers (MPS) service, please use this API set to manage them: https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-cn/rest/api/playfab/multiplayer/multiplayerserver?view=playfab-rest, the equivalent API for Admin/ListServerBuilds and Client/StartGame should be MultiplayerServer/ListBuildSummariesV2 and MultiplayerServer/RequestMultiplayerServer, respectively.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Seward avatar image Jamie Seward commented ·

Thanks Citrus, that cleared things up. Much appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Jamie Seward commented ·

No problem, let me know if you have further question:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.