question

dwojda avatar image
dwojda asked

PlayStream Event Action doesn't work

I have created an Action with Event type: com.playfab.player_added_title, no conditions and one action: granting an item to the user. I would like to use it to grant a starter bundle to new users. But I have already created 3 new accounts and neither of them got the bundle. If you want to test my title, go ahead. My title id is C938 and there is only one PlayStream Action.

Player InventoryPlayStream
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dwojda avatar image dwojda commented ·

You can also create a new user if you want

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Update: This should be fixed for all titles now (the issue being that actions without conditions weren't firing). If you are still seeing the issue, please re-save your Actions in the Game Manager, to make sure the definition for your Actions are up-to-date.

Your Action is defined as adding ItemId BUNDLE_0 to the player, but that ItemId does not exist in your catalog currently. Did you delete the item, perhaps?

16 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

No, this item definitely exists in my catalog. It is one of my bundles with a display name "Starter bundle". I have even chosen this bundle from the list of all of my items while creating the Action.

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry, it is called "Starter Bundle" not "Starter bundle".

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dwojda commented ·

Hmm... That's odd - I'm not sure why I wasn't seeing those earlier. That said, thanks for calling this out - it helped us to find an issue.

The problem is that an Event Action without a Condition isn't being evaluated. We'll have the fix for that rolled out shortly (checking it in now, and then we'll be running the full battery of regression tests). I'll update here when the fix has been released to live.

2 Likes 2 ·
dwojda avatar image dwojda brendan commented ·

Great :) Is there any condition that is always true for a new user for a temporary walkaround? I tried with comparing my virtual currency to 0 but that didn't work.

It would also be great to know now if the item I am going to grant will be visible in the response of the first login request so I can create my system with that assumption in mind.

Can you also let me know when I can delete the account you have created?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Kain avatar image Kain commented ·

I have gotten this working for PlayFab events, but I am still having this issue for our custom event at the time of this post. TitleID is EC18. Feel free to use the account with "Kain" in the DisplayName for testing as I'm constantly deleting that account. Or you can make a new one, if you wish.

The custom event is 'QtnMissionStart'. It shows up in the Playstream, but there seems to be no evidence of associated actions getting triggered. I've tried adding an always true condition based on EventName. Since I am using this for the first time, there is a good chance this is user error.

Another point of data with this is that I am using client WriteCharacterEvent to trigger this.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Kain commented ·

For custom events, you need to have the fully qualified event name - I've updated your Rule for this, but the full event name in this case is "title.EC18.mission_start".

0 Likes 0 ·
Kain avatar image Kain brendan commented ·

Thanks, Brendan... on a Sunday, too.

Sadly, I am still getting the same result. Is there any way to send Playstream events from the admin console the same way we can "Run Cloudscript"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
adam avatar image adam commented ·

hi, my Action (grant VC) in rule did not call, but playstream call..

i use PlayFabClientAPI.WritePlayerEvent

pls help

hi, i use PlayFabClientAPI.WritePlayerEvent on client,

to call costum event,

in rule, i add Action to grant VC on it..

the playstream show, but action not called..

pls help

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan adam commented ·

What is the Title ID, the PlayFab ID of the user you're testing, and the name of the custom event?

0 Likes 0 ·
adam avatar image adam commented ·

@Brendan, ok

Title ID = D04D

Playfab ID = 78DF1BAA3A86BD50

and custom event name = player_skill0

display custom event name = Player skill0

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan adam commented ·

Please see my post above, from Sept 17. You must specify the fully-qualified event name for the custom event. Right now, you have it defined in the action as "player_skill0". You're missing the "title.{TitleId}" part of the name.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.